Slow Cooker Barbacoa Tacos
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of cloves
- 2 tsp of garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 3/4 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp of better than bouillon beef
- 1 can of chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of Cholula hot sauce
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 3 pounds of beef chuck roast or brisket
Cut your beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the avocado oil, cholula and brown the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
In your food processor (or blender if you do not have one) add adobo chilis, water, better than bouillon, garlic, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred the meat and keep on warm.