Jamaican Jerk Steak Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories 768 kcal
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
Taco Filling Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb flank or skirt steak
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a bowl, combine jerk seasoning spices.
- Combine jerk seasoning with 1/4 cup canola oil, mix together completely. In a gallon size resealable bag, combine mixture and steak. Seal and let marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat 2 tbsp canola oil in a large skillet of medium-high heat. Cook steak until browned on the outside with a pink center. After roughly 6 minutes on each side, remove the steak from heat.
- While the steak rests, combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt into a bowl. Slice the avocado to serve as a topping.
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Pre build the tacos in Taco Tenders or separate the steak, salsa, and toppings into serving bowls.